We began design of the potato cannon. There was a fierce debate of what to use for a propellent. We considered propane, butane, alcohol, hairspray, and others.
We discussed lining the inside of the cannon with copper, however we could not figure out a feasible way to do this. We debated the position of the trigger. Originally, a separate handle with trigger would be mounted just in front of the conbustion chamber, but under the barrel. We scrapped this idea, when we realized that this would entail a possible safety risk. We concluded that the best propellent will likely be butane. Hopefully this will give the explosive force necessary to project a projectile across a field.
Seoci and saphire, will be going out on Saturday to pick up supplies. So that next week we can put this puppy together.